Sunday, August 8, 2010

I've come to realize...

that there are a very few people who will talk to me.  But when they do, I often get the comment that I have an interesting life.  I think I'd describe it more as finding life interesting.  I love to tell a good story...like the time I was car dancing in the parking lot when I couldn't seem to get my right leg to come with me, or when I watched a new hiker step off the side of a mountain.  Stuff like that happens all around us if we pay attention and live fully in the moment.  I guess it also helps to have grown up with Uncle Steve sharing his storytelling adventures about hog calling and making up words.  I think that's why I enjoy Ellen DeGeneres so much with her take on everyday happenings.

Sometimes I wonder, is it that many of the folks around me have such expanded egos that they believe only they have the talent or knowledge or whatever it is?  Do they think I have nothing to add?  Does it not matter that I have lived a full life in many locales or that I have a fully functioning brain?  Or maybe I'm just an easy target for ridicule?

I don't think my childhood equipped me for life with people.  Being mocked by your own family isn't much of a confidence-builder, I must admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment