Friday, August 27, 2010

Now where did I store that coat of mail?

Senator Whitmore is at it again.  (Must be time for him to run for office again.)  I don't object to an agency watchdog, but the attack dog is another story.  I remember watching the committee hearings last time and sitting mouth agape as he attacked even the detractors of the agency.  Talk about a sense of entitlement!  I'm not sure I have the energy to do this again.  I talked to several "old timers" today and they all looked somewhat bedraggled already and it hasn't yet begun.  All I ask for is 2 years to go!

On the other front, being ethical isn't always accepted either.  I challenged one of my coworkers to stand up and do the right thing and report that one of her staff was complaining of sexual harassment.  She decided to encourage the victim to leave the agency and denied knowing anything about the complaint.  I've tried for a week now to report it in person and the bosses aren't around.  Thanks again, Senator Whitmire!

No comments:

Post a Comment